Saturday, November 10, 2018

Are You Crazy? Don't Splash

Are You Crazy?  Don't Splash

I am currently working on my submission to the 2018-2019 QCNYS Quilt Challenge:  Still Crazy After All These Years.  It is based on an 1885-1886 splasher I found and purchased earlier this year.  As I am stitching the motifs, I am researching the design sources.  It has (and still is) a great project to work on.  You can see the original piece and the information I have found at https://quiltpapers.blogspot.com/2018/11/1885-1886-out-line-embroidery-splasher.html

The plan is to English Paper Piecing the motifs together and then embellish the seams with various crazy quilt stitch designs.  12 weight Sulky cotton thread (red and blue) and 12 weight crochet cotton (black) is being used for the embroidery.

More information regarding the challenge can be found at https://www.qcnys.org/challenge/index.htm

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love what you are doing with these. I hope you will post about your progress and finish. More of my favorites. Embroidery and Hexies.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete